Wednesday 3 September 2014

Conference Day 3

Well I did my presentation this morning and it went really well! It is also comforting to know that I am not alone in the challenges I face when it comes to education in our park. There are very similar situations at many other facilities around the world and it is through conferences like this that we can all grow and help each other. There have been friendships and relationships formed over the last 3 days that will last a lifetime and there are still 3 days to go! Tomorrow we are going on an excursion for the day to the Hong Kong Wetland Park and also the Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Gardens. Friday we have more presentations and workshops and then Saturday the last of the presentations and a visit to Ocean Park which promises to be a lot of fun. Sunday I leave early in the morning to continue my journey to Singapore where I will be visiting the Jurong Bird Park, Singapore Zoo and Gardens by the Bay. I will be putting together a full display of pictures and presenting a talk at the Umgeni River Bird Park about my trip soon after I return. Included in this will be the presentation I gave at the conference. The date of this talk will be announced as soon as we have finalized it.

No comments:

Post a Comment